Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone is too hard on itself...

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone is too hard on itself...
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:54:15 -0700

On Nov 1, 2007 8:20 AM, Richard Laager <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've seen a couple of misleading errors lately:
>
> mtn: fatal: std::runtime_error: network error: recv failure: Connection timed
> out
> mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.

We know about this, and it would be pretty easy to fix, but we but
haven't done it because there always seem to be higher priority
things.  Someone needs to go through netxx/, find every place where it
throws Netxx::Exception or Netxx::NetworkException, and make it pay
attention to errno when deciding which of them to use.  It would be
relatively easy, if tedious, and a good exercise in familiarizing
oneself with the sockets API.  (Hint hint.)

The other case you mention is probably a quicker fix if you can tell
us how to reproduce it; someone used I() where they should've used
E().

zw