Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn automate way to get file list without workspace

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn automate way to get file list without workspace?
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 03:00:32 +0000

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 08:20:09PM -0600, Kelly F. Hickel wrote:
> So, I've started whacking together a mtn/viewvc mashup, but didn't get
> too far before I realized that a number of the mtn commands I need seem
> to need a workspace to function.....
>
> Am I going to have to cobble up a shadow workspace directory just to do
> this, or is there a semi-reasonable way to get file lists and so forth
> without one?????

Very few automate commands involve a workspace... what do you mean by
"file list"?  Getting a list of unknown or ignored files requires a
workspace, obviously; for getting a list of files in a revision, see
automate get_manifest_of.

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould