Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn automate way to get file list withoutworkspace?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn automate way to get file list withoutworkspace?
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:57:04 +0000

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 08:02:38AM -0600, Kelly F. Hickel wrote:
> Ahh, the error below is what confused me, I thought it meant that I
> needed a workspace, but I just needed to provide a branch....
>
> address@hidden mtn_convert]$ mtn -d eadev.mtn automate get_manifest_of
> mtn: misuse: workspace required but not found

Ah, right, 'get_manifest_of' with no argument is assumed to be asking
for the manifest of the current workspace.  (What revision were you
expecting to get the file list of without giving any argument?)

The normal use would be to give a revision.  (Not a branch, though the
revision could be the head of a branch.  Which you can write like
h:branchname, except most automate commands don't take selectors, if
you want selector expansion you can request it with 'mtn automate
select' and then pass the output to get_manifest_of.)

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen