Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:28:10 +0100

Hi,

Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
BTW, if you need a clean medium-sized CVS repository for testing which
is both very strict in its branch naming and layout and also contains a
reasonable amount of branches and sub-branches, revisions spreaded over
6 years and about 35000 commits, feel free to test with the OpenPKG CVS
("rsync -rav rsync://rsync.openpkg.org/openpkg-cvs/ /tmp/openpkg-cvs/").
The interesting module in this repository is named "openpkg-src" (the
other modules you can ignore), containing all the OpenPKG package
specifications on a dozend branches and sub-branches. When I tried the
"cvsimport-branch-reconstruction" stuff some time ago it crashed on
this repository module, so it might be interested to check again. In
the meantime I used Tailor to import and track at least the HEAD of
"openpkg-src" in a Monotone repository...

FYI: the OpenPKG repository has some files with names containing invalid characters in it, thus cvs_import currently aborts on those. The very same applies to the NetBSD repository.

AFAIU, the correct fix would be an adjustment of our tree_walker, to also fix all other problems with non-UTF-8 encoded filenames.

Regards

Markus