Re: [Monotone-devel] More Visual C++ trouble

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] More Visual C++ trouble
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:53:30 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 11 Nov 2007 07:28:18 -0500, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> said:

stephen_leake> This is the same bug I fixed for MinGW, when linking staticly
with the
stephen_leake> bundled pcre. See
stephen_leake>
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2007-10/msg00344.html
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> PCRE_STATIC must be defined to 1 when pcrwrap.cc includes pcre.h.
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> It should have been fixed by
62ac15e65e9e97d3c5032fed1ea4cbddbc9fc11d,
stephen_leake> committed 2007-11-07T10:43:41

Aha, thanks!

stephen_leake> It requires the buildbot to run 'autoreconf -i' after updating;
does
stephen_leake> it do that?

Nope, there's no way to do that with a standard Visual C installation,
as far as I know.  Instead, there's a static visualc/config.h, to
which I'm adding PCRE_STATIC this moment.

Thanks for the pointer!

Cheers,
Richard

-----