RE: [Monotone-devel] More Visual C++ trouble

From: Kelly F. Hickel
Subject: RE: [Monotone-devel] More Visual C++ trouble
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:14:50 -0600

Richard,
        I found another issue as well, so if you haven't committed it
yet, let me know and I'll do them all together.

Also, Craig noticed that the projects are linking to the C runtime
statically, instead of the dll version.  Generally that's not the best
idea (I think that MS made dynamic the default awhile back).  I'd
propose changing it for all the projects if everyone agrees.

The only downside that I can see is if the monotone group started
distributing windows binary you'd probably need to have a link to the
vcredist.exe download from micosoft.

--

Kelly F. Hickel
Senior Product Architect