RE: [Monotone-devel] More Visual C++ trouble

From: Kelly F. Hickel
Subject: RE: [Monotone-devel] More Visual C++ trouble
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:06:18 -0600

Richard, that took care of the problem.

Be aware also that we just found out that the stake in the heart of the
boost build, well, isn't.

boost\config\auto_link.hpp uses #pragma comment(lib to helpfully specify
the name of a library to be included at link time.  If you have a full
boost build, everything is fine, but if you've only downloaded the
headers then you'll get a link error.

I looked in there for an easy way to turn off this behavior, but there
isn't one.  We either need to provide instructions for whacking it out
of the boost source, tell windows folks that they still need a boost
build, or get the boost folks to provide a way to turn it off....

--

Kelly F. Hickel
Senior Product Architect

Behalf