[Monotone-devel] deterministic mark merge question

From: William Uther
Subject: [Monotone-devel] deterministic mark merge question
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 23:47:24 +1100

Hi,
I have a quick question about deterministic mark merge. I'm a little confused about when something is decided to be a conflict. In particular, how would the following examples work out?

I've put ?s on the nodes that I'm interested in.

    a*    b*   c*
     \   /     |
      \ /      |
       ?       |
      / \     /
     /   \   /
    d*     ?
     \    /
      \  /
       ?

    a*    b*   c*
     \   /     |
      \ /      |
       ?       |
      / \     /
     /   \   /
    c*     ?
     \    /
      \  /
       ?

I've been working with the version where conflicts are sets of values, but the version where conflicts are just conflicts is also interesting.

Be well,

Will       :-}