[Monotone-devel] exit code of '1' in 0.37 win32 version when using ssh-a

From: Daniel Atallah
Subject: [Monotone-devel] exit code of '1' in 0.37 win32 version when using ssh-agent signature
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:52:59 -0500

Hi guys,

I've gotten in the habit of using `mtn pull && mtn up` to update my working copies (I use the native win32 version of monotone in a cygwin shell).

This no longer works correctly with the 0.37 binary because the `mtn pull` exits with a code of 1 even though there are no errors on the screen or in the debug output.

The --dump parameter didn't cause any output to be written to the target file and I didn't see anything weird in the --debug output.

It appears to be something related to the new win32 ssh-agent code because when I use `--ssh-sign no`, the exit code is 0, however signature lookup and in fact the whole netsync occurs successfully.

The debug logs with and without `--ssh-sign no` are very similar; I've attached a diff of the two logs (I can provide the full logs if that'd be helpful).

The unexpected difference is right at the end; in the case with the ssh-agent enabled, the last line is "mtn: binding 0 parameters for COMMIT", whereas in the successful case it continues on with "mtn: statement cache statistics" after that.  I guess the error is occurring between the commit and when the database destructor is being called.

Looking at monotone.cc, it appears that it must be an "ios_base::failure" of some variety that doesn't print the error elsewhere - everything else that returns 1 does a ui.inform() right there.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on?

-D