[Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.experiment.encapsulation review

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.experiment.encapsulation review
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:13:21 -0600

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 14:39 -0500, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> Speaking of get_project(), part of why it's so weird is that it's a
> stub; that was where a bunch of the policy branch stuff that never got
> implemented was supposed to go.  I believe Tim did the original
> implementation there - can you please look over the project-related
> changes in .encapsulation, Tim, and comment?

Yeah, the idea was to have a central place for everything that might be
dependent on policy branches, so it could maybe be possible to drop in a
policy branch implementation without having to do too much violence to
things outside that file.

The reason for get_project is that it should be possible to work with
multiple policy roots, for things like merge_into_dir and whatever we
replace it with or whatever other reason someone might have for merging
across projects. (I'm thinking this could be specified as part of the
branch name, something like --branch=project#branch .)

It looks like there aren't any major changes, just not going thru
app_state to get to things?

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net