Re: [Monotone-devel] BSD Buildbots

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] BSD Buildbots
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 10:54:49 -0500

On Sun, Feb 3, 2008 at 5:55 AM, Lapo Luchini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Zack Weinberg wrote:
>  > That test shouldn't use anything like 256MB of memory - in fact,
>  > massif claims it never gets above 10MB (see attached graph).
>
>  Indeed "time -l" confirms that (and AFAIK that reads kernel data about
>  actual max memory used, it's not an approximation).

Good to know.

>  About the hypotetic "debug mode"... I don't know nothing about that,
>  i.e. if something of that sort is in place it's not intentional (but I
>  really know nothing about the python/twistd part of the bot).

malloc(3) lists a bunch of debugging options.[1]  I don't see anything
that sounds like it would cause this effect, but does /etc/malloc.conf
exist on the problem system?  Is MALLOC_OPTIONS set in the
environment?

zw

[1]
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=malloc&apropos=0&sektion=3&manpath=FreeBSD+6.3-RELEASE&format=html