[Monotone-devel] Re: BSD Buildbots

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: BSD Buildbots
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 09:08:20 +0100

Zack Weinberg wrote:
>>  About the hypotetic "debug mode"... I don't know nothing about that,
>>  i.e. if something of that sort is in place it's not intentional (but I
>>  really know nothing about the python/twistd part of the bot).
>
> malloc(3) lists a bunch of debugging options.[1]  I don't see anything
> that sounds like it would cause this effect, but does /etc/malloc.conf
> exist on the problem system?  Is MALLOC_OPTIONS set in the
> environment?

I didn't explain myself: I know nothing about malloc debug options *AND*
I am the person who did install and configure both those boxes from
scratch, and sole root account owner ;-)

So the fact that I don't know anything about that kind of debug options
pretty much removes them from the equation (unless twistd sets them,
which I doubt...).