[Monotone-devel] Release recommendations?

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Release recommendations?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 11:41:36 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I'm thinking of making a release pretty soon, but I'm wondering if
there's any opinion on what should be included.  There are a few
interesting development efforts going on, such as encapsulation and
policy-branches, and the question is if we should wait for them to
become part of the main branch or not.

Pros: policy branches have been one of the primarly requested changes,
and finally having them in a release would be a good thing.

Cons: policy branches are currently not tested at all (well, except
for the test cases), and there's really no saying what the effects
will be in the longer run...

There are probably more pros and cons, but that's what pops up in my
mind withing 1 minute ;-)

Comments, please.

Cheers,
Richard