Re: [Monotone-devel] Release recommendations?

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Release recommendations?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 13:15:10 +0100

Hi,

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
My opinion is that every time we catch ourselves thinking "release"
and "wait for ___" in close proximity, we should smack ourselves and
*every* FOSS project used to get into back in the day, never
releasing...?

I absolutely agree here.

Please also note, that Timothy's policy branches work is based on n.v.m.experiment.encapsulation. So that one certainly needs to be merged first. Additionally, I think policy branches is a feature which needs good and exhaustive review - remembering the debates on the summit. At least I didn't have time to look at Timothy's work, yet.

As nvm.e.e is mainly an internal change, I'd vote for landing that one as soon as possible and release with it. Or is anybody raising veto against merging that branch back to mainline? Zack, any good reason for waiting with the landing?

AFAICS, there are already three other branches, which have propagated from nvm.e.e:

 - n.v.m.tbrownaw.policy-branches
 - n.v.m.experiment.db-compaction
 - n.v.m.nuskool

Regards