[Monotone-devel] Revision Control Debate

From: Curtis Spencer
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Revision Control Debate
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:46:47 -0800

Hi,

I am one of the maintainers of Cruxlux, a fairly new platform for structured online debates, question and answer, and live blog conversations. The structured format allows rapid point-counterpoint interaction, exposes spin, prevents people from talking past each other, and intuitively lays out the arguments on a given issue.

We currently have a question on there about which VCS to use on a new open source project:
http://www.cruxlux.com/question/view/1095
and it would be cool to get some monotone supporters in there.

I want to expand this debate further by getting the experts in the field to chime in. Secondly, we are planning a podcast roundtable session to accompany the answers to this question , and if anyone in this list would like to participate for monotone, please contact me at address@hidden or respond here. We are scheduling it for early next week. The idea would be to get someone from each vcs project (mercurial, git, monotone, subversion, bazaar) to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of their projects, and then to have a discussion about what new features (if any) should go into VCSs in the next few years.

Thanks for reading,

Curtis Spencer
Cruxlux