Re: [Monotone-devel] How to join identical branches?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] How to join identical branches?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 02:32:27 -0500

"Nuno Lucas" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have 2 branches with a common ancestor, but during some time they
> were apart and some renames, drops and adds were made. Now the 2
> branches are identical because the contents was generalized to
> accommodate both cases.
>
> Because of the renames, add's and drops, propagate fails with "rename
> target conflict".
> If both branches are identical how can I resolve the "non-content
> conflicts"?

In similar situations, the only way I have discovered is to drop the
conflicting file from the target of the propagate. Then the propagate
will restore it.

I hope there is a better way.

I'd like to change monotone to offer to merge the conflicting files;
that would clearly work in this case, and is The Right Thing in the
cases I have run into as well.

My most common case is when I write a small file on one machine,
forget to check it in, and then write the same small file on another
machine. When I finally get both checked in, I get a non-content
conflict.

--
-- Stephe