[Monotone-devel] ViewMTN multi-db

From: Grahame Bowland
Subject: [Monotone-devel] ViewMTN multi-db
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 00:18:48 +0000

Hi guys

I've spent the last few nights adding multiple-database support to
ViewMTN. It seems to work, so I've installed the multidb version on
viewmtn.angrygoats.net.

i'd really appreciate it if people could take a look and try to break
it. There may be bugs in any of the page handlers; I've tried to be
thorough, but it's quite a big program to test! Even clicking through
randomly to try and get an exception would be good :-)

All the old URLs work, but you'll notice that most of the links on
that install now have a '/all/' prefix. ViewMTN in multi-db mode adds
a database name at the beginning of each URL to specify the database.
If that prefix is not present, it uses a default (which in the case of
viewmtn.angrygoats.net is to behave exactly as it did before.)

There are separate pools of mtn automate processes for each DB.

If you follow the change DB link at the top right, you can switch to a
little DB I've created with just the ViewMTN source in it. You'll now
have a '/viewmtn/' prefix on your URLs.

It seems to work for me, any feedback would be great. I'll probably do
a release tomorrow if no major problems are reported.

The code for this is in branch net.angrygoats.viewmtn, pull from
monotone.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au. I've gone through and tidied up the code -
it has been broken out into more source files, and should be a lot
easier to follow now.

Cheers!
Grahame