[Monotone-devel] forgot my passphrase

From: hendrik
Subject: [Monotone-devel] forgot my passphrase
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 15:19:21 -0400

(1) It's been a year or more since I used monotone, and in the meantime
I have forgotten my passphrase.  I suppose the thing to do is to
delete my public ans private keys, and generate new ones, and update the
various data bases somehow.

(2) In a new project, with a new data base, during the initial checkin
from a new workspace, it asked me for a passphrase for address@hidden:

enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden:

That is the ID I ws using a year or two ago.  What I'm wondering, how
did it know to ask for that name.  I had mentioned it nowhere in the
setup of the new project, data base, or workspace.  (nowadays I use
address@hidden)

(3) I know how to generate passwords that I can remember a week later,
or can remember if they're in regular use.  I don't know how to generate
passwords that I can remember after years of nonuse.

-- hendrik