Re: [Monotone-devel] Security and Permissions

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Security and Permissions
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:03:38 +0200

Daniel Carrera writes:
> Hello,
>
> I believe that Monotone can be configured so that some users are not
> able to read or write certain parts of the source tree. But I can't
> figure out where this is explained. I can't find it in the docs.
>
> Could someone point me to the right place?

The security model is actually quite crude as write permissions are
database-wide.  Read permissions can be per-branch within a database;
see "Network Service Revisited" in the doc.

To complement the security model, there is also a trust model.  You
can set up a per-user filter in your ~/.monotonerc that will "hide"
all revisions you don't trust.  See "Trust Evaluation Hooks" in the
manual.

--
Ludovic Brenta.