Re: [Monotone-devel] Feature request: mtn rebase

From: Tero Koskinen
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Feature request: mtn rebase
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 16:21:27 +0300

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:31:44 +0200 Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to officially request a "mtn rebase" command. I could try to
> write it in Lua (I don't know how hard that would be, but I'd try).
>
> Usage:  mtn rebase <revision-id>
>
> Effect: Edit _MTN/revision to point to <revision-id>

QuickieTasks wiki page (at
http://wiki-monotone.levitte.org/wiki/QuickieTasks/ ) lists "mtn detach"
and "mtn attach", which do the same effect, if I have understood
correctly. Is it better for the UI to have the action named as "attach"
or "rebase"?

The "mtn rebase" command would be different from "git rebase", so it might
confuse people.

--
Tero Koskinen <address@hidden>