[Monotone-devel] Re: Feature request: mtn rebase

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Feature request: mtn rebase
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:47:41 +0100

Daniel Carrera <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> You point out that it is not consistent with git, but Bruce
> explained that git is not consistent with anything. I've heard
> elsewhere that git is not internally consistent either. So I'm not
> sure that consistency with git should be a goal.

I agree that consistency with git shouldn't be a goal.  Gratuitous
inconsistency doesn't seem like a good goal, though, especially with
what I'd guess is a well-recognised (if not well-understood) git
command.

Why not "uncommit" (by analogy with "unrecord" from darcs)?  Or
perhaps an option to "update" (more of an analogy with git's "reset" I
suppose)?

[...]