Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:49:21 -0700

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Derek Scherger <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm now looking at idna (libidn) which ought to be easy but isn't because of
> some changes that were made at the 2007 summit iirc. Lapo, do you recall the
> "best effort" stuff that got added to idna/toutf8.c? This is not in idna 1.5
> but I'm wondering if maybe idna 1.5 might just do the right thing?

I put some patches on .library-build to deal with this.  The 'best
effort' functionality is not available in 1.5 as far as I know, but I
don't know any reason why the //TRANSLIT//IGNORE thing that we had
before the 'best effort' patches isn't good enough...  Lapo is perhaps
the only person who would know.

zw