Re: [Monotone-devel] set verses vector in args_to_paths

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] set verses vector in args_to_paths
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:09:21 -0600

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> wrote:

The only thing I'd be worried about is making sure we're not doing a
std::set copy now (which is more expensive than a std::vector copy).
Restriction objects tend to be on the stack so maybe they don't need
to copy (constructor takes a reference?)

I'm not sure copies would even be all that bad, I'd be surprised if we make very many copies of these things (a few 10's at most?) and they're probably small sets for the most part (i.e. the files you included on the command line to status/diff/commit/etc.)

Cheers,
Derek