[Monotone-devel] Re: date certs on net.venge.monotone

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: date certs on net.venge.monotone
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:04:54 +0200

Stephen Leake wrote:
> TAI might be a better global time choice,
> since it doesn't do leap seconds, and hence is monotonic.

Duh! Isn't UTC monotonic as well, even if it sometimes "changes speed"?

AFAIR leap seconds mean a minute with either 59 or 61 seconds, nothing
never "jumps" ahead or behind… but I should probably refresh my UTC a bit.

OTOH TAI seems nice and good and has an "official" 64 bit
representation; DJB wrote a (now public-domain) library for it too:
http://cr.yp.to/libtai.html

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/