Re: [Monotone-devel] building monotone on Red Hat Enterprise 4

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] building monotone on Red Hat Enterprise 4
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:33:14 -0400

Thomas Moschny <address@hidden> writes:

> Stephen Leake wrote:
>> I'm trying to build monotone head on Red Hat Enterprise 4.
>>
>> gcc is gcc (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-11)
>>
>> Botan, Lua, pcre get past the mtn configure checks, but sqlite does
>> not:
>> [... undefined references ...]
>>
>> Do these errors look familiar?
>>
>> Maybe I need a newer pthread library?
>
> Reminds me more of problems with the order of libraries in the final
> link step

That makes sense. I added -ldl and the dlclose etc references got
resolved. Any hint which library has the pthread symbols?

> I saw when building the (semi-) static binary we have on the
> website.

Which one is that?

It would be good to describe the library dependencies of the
distributions.

It would also be good to include the specific build instructions in
some file in monotone, so others can reproduce it.

The Windows native installer includes the necessary DLLs, and build
instructions are in monotone/INSTALL and monotone/win32/README.

--
-- Stephe