[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone-viz: ocaml-giochannel.c:(.text+0x2f4): mul

From: Olivier Andrieu
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone-viz: ocaml-giochannel.c:(.text+0x2f4): multiple definition of `ml_g_io_channel_read_chars'
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:56:31 +0200

Hi Ludovic,

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 14:44,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please see http://bugs.debian.org/527731
>
> The story so far: I packaged monotone-viz 1.0.1 for Debian. One of the
> OCaml maintainers for Debian found a bug whereby it would fail to build
> from source (FTBFS, in Debian jargon) due to updates in OCaml and bindings
> to GTK+.  They posted a patch and uploaded a patched version of
> monotone-viz to Debian unstable.  However, another OCaml maintainer thinks
> that the patch is a hack.  At the same time, they found a second, less
> severe, bug: http://bugs.debian.org/549463.
>
> It would be nice if the upstream author of monotone-viz, Olivier Andrieu,
> would comment and maybe correct the two problems.  I would then upload the
> corrected version of monotone-viz to Debian for continued use.  Is it fair
> to hope for such a fix?

There's already a fix for this issue in the repository actually:

http://viewmtn.angrygoats.net/all/revision/info/11c0f4ea3cacd9217d91b13d80a8303762b016e4
I guess I should make a tarball release :)
The commit is about the same as the patch in the bug report (so, not a hack).

As for the second issue, it's really a matter of packaging policy for
OCaml programs, so I'll reply to the bug report.

thanks,
--
  Olivier