Re: [Monotone-devel] Server broken

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Server broken
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:08:10 +0200

Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:
> What I'll do next is to move the server home within the week that
> comes [...], check things through, copy what can be copied to the
> spare disk, take the rest from backups (the backup is good), move
> disks around and take it back to co-location, then cross my fingers.

Since this server is mission-critical (its missions being to serve
monotone databases and your email), how about migrating to serious
server hardware with RAID storage?  Thanks to virtual machines, this can
be as inexpensive as a dedicated server, e.g.

http://wiki.openvz.org/Hosting_providers
http://linux-vserver.org/VServer_Hosting

--
Ludovic Brenta.