[Monotone-devel] synchronization between mtn servers

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] synchronization between mtn servers
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:16:50 +0100

It would be nice to have a semi-official way to keep the main nvm.*
repos in sync... as a first rough way I'm setting this crontab on my
home server:

7 * * * * \
  mtn -d .monotone/net.venge.mtn sy lapo.it
27 * * * * \
  mtn -d .monotone/net.venge.mtn sy monotone.ca
47 * * * * \
  mtn -d .monotone/net.venge.mtn sy monotone.mtn-host.prjek.net

where default-include-pattern = net.venge.monotone{,.*}

But I guess prjek itself has already some automatic way to follow
monotone.ca? But OTOH having a separate node that execute this cronjob
assures the 3 servers to be inline (within the hour) even if any is down.

OTOH one connection per hour is suboptimal since it has a longish lag
when revision are actually received AND does many many unnecessary
connections when new revisions are not there really.

I guess an hook could be better, but I didn't have head for it right
now, and that crontab was an easy way to do the job.

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“I can resist everything except temptation.” (Oscar Wilde, "Lady
Windermere's Fan", 1892)