Re: [Monotone-devel] .mtn-ignore ignored?

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] .mtn-ignore ignored?
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:47:12 +0100

Timothy Brownawell writes:
> Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It seems my regexps in .mtn-ignore no longer works.  When I call "mtn ls
>> ignored", the resulting list is always empty.  When I do "mtn add -R .",
>> it add all files including the ones I want to ignore, and that match the
>> regexps.
>>
>> I think this is a regression since 0.36 or so; I know for a fact that
>> these same regexps used to work.
>>
>> Do recent versions of monotone still support .mtn-ignore, as the
>> documentation says?
>
> Yes, for example the .mtn-ignore in net.venge.monotone seems to work
> fine. 0.37 did switch from Boost::regex to PCRE, but NEWS says this
> shouldn't have broken anything. Do you have examples of the patterns and
> the files they're failing to match?

$ cat .mtn-ignore
debian/files
debian/gnat
$ mtn ls ignored
$ mtn ls debian/files debian/gnat
debian/files

debian/gnat:
DEBIAN  usr
$ mtn ls known
.mtn-ignore
debian
debian/changelog
debian/compat
debian/control
debian/copyright
debian/rules
debian/source.lintian-overrides
$ mtn add debian/files # should be ignored
mtn: adding debian/files to workspace manifest

I sincerely hope I'm doing something wrong... I tried the following
regular expressions, all with the same result:

debian/files
^debian/files$
/debian/files
^\./debian/files$
^/debian/files$

(The last three do not match the output of "mtn ls unknown" so I don't
expect them to work; but I do expect the first two to work.)

--
Ludovic Brenta.