[Monotone-devel] Question about mtn update --move-conflicting-paths

From: J Decker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Question about mtn update --move-conflicting-paths
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:14:34 -0700

mtn update --move-conflicting-paths works pretty good under windows
when I have updates that drop directories that are not empty.  Thank
you greatly for providing a method to work around this.

At the end of the update, the files and directories that caused the
paths to not be empty are left in _MTN/resolutions.

After a very long update, it might be nice to know that there are
folders left in _MTN/resolutions, I think this might be logged when
the command starts, but if you have a very long list of drops, there
is no notification at the end.

Bug? :The documentation from mtn update --help says "move conflicting,
unversioned paths into _MTN/conflicts before..." but there's nothing
in _MTN/conflicts... are conflicts then moved to resolutions?

and, I dunno, I'm kinda thinking that what's left over should be moved
back into the workspace after the drops are complete; though I did say
to drop the directory (and all tracked content)... ya, if I was
working in a sub-tree of a parent that was deleted, untracked work
should probably be saved in the workspace... but then, a stronger
notice should maybe apply to indicate that conflicting content from
the drop is left in _MTN/revisions, and you might want to move it out.