[Monotone-devel] Re: new restrictions branch for including required pare

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: new restrictions branch for including required parents
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 16:39:23 -0600

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Derek Scherger <address@hidden> wrote:
I've started a new branch net.venge.monotone.restrictions.implicit-includes that changes the restrictions code to always include the parents of explicitly included nodes.

This turned out to be a relatively simple change and I've updated the restriction unit-tests so that they are all passing. It's now a matter of updating the lua tests and dealing with the fallout from that. After an initial look over things it doesn't look like it should be too difficult to do. Then it's just a matter of agreeing that the new semantics are an improvement over the current semantics.

This is now finished and ready for review. The one case where implicit includes don't seem to make sense is for revert, where you might want to revert a file but not a rename of the directory that contains it. The restriction that revert uses doesn't apply the new implicit include rules but all other cases do. I've assigned a few more bugs to myself related to this, all of which can probably be closed once this is merged. There were a few xfailed test cases that are now passing as well.

Cheers,
Derek