[Monotone-devel] nvm.experiment.database-management

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Monotone-devel] nvm.experiment.database-management
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 07:46:38 -0400

I've looked thru the log of nvm.experiment.database-management, and the
changes make sense, although I'm not clear how they all relate to the
issue of searching for a database on a path.

It's currently crashing in the database-impl deconstructor. Part of the
point of Boost is you're not supposed to be able to get a crash from a
deconstructor; congratulations :).

Compiling with -O0 gives a better stack trace; the actual crash is in
Botan. I suspect something is being deconstructed twice, which is often
a bad idea, although deconstructors should be designed to handle that.

But I don't see a double invocation in the debugger.

Perhaps this is one reason the dbcache was a member of the application
class?

I'm off to work now; I'll look at this some more later.

--
-- Stephe