[Monotone-devel] Time for a release

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 01:01:57 +0200

Hi all!

Its release time, again :), and I would like you to look over the
translations and build bots and get them in a good and usable state.

Here is the current status of the translations:

sv: 1329 translated, 5 fuzzy, 62 untranslated.
it: 1208 translated, 3 fuzzy, 185 untranslated.
de: 1449 translated.
es: 1249 translated, 64 fuzzy, 83 untranslated.
pt: 1389 translated, 4 fuzzy, 3 untranslated.

The buildbots look slightly worse:

1) The Debian testing one seems to have update problems from time to
time and complains about no rule to make the target `win32/monotone.iss'
for `distdir'. Zbigniew, could you please have a look?

2) The openBSD one currently fails 5 tests:

101 automate_show_conflicts_defaults             FAIL (line 76)
118 branch_leaves_sync_bug                       FAIL (line 47)
200 diff_patch_drop                              FAIL (line 29)
206 diffing_a_file_within_revision_outside_a_workspaceFAIL (line 52)
288 log_--diffs                                  unexpected success
301 logging_a_file_within_revision_outside_a_workspaceFAIL (line 22)

Is anybody on openBSD and could please have a look here?

3) The Fedora / openSUSE build is currently not functional as well
because of the make dist issue in 1) - I still have to improve the error
handling for cases like this there.

4) For me on Mac OS X all tests run through, even one unexpectedly
(log_--diff) - Derek, should this test be un-xfailed?

I'll give translators and testers a bigger time frame for this release
(at least two weeks from now), because I'd like to switch the release
numbering and make 0.48 become 1.0.0 as discussed in the other thread.
So if you have some time and like to polish one or two things in the UI,
then you're very welcome :)

Thanks for your time and work,
Thomas.