Re: [Monotone-devel] 'workspace' vs 'tree'

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 'workspace' vs 'tree'
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:35:46 -0400

"Aaron W. Hsu" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey Stephen,
>
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, Stephen Leake wrote:
>
>> ... 'merge_into_dir' ... obviously
>> require[s] and modif[ies] a workspace.
>
> Really? This is news to me. I've been using merge_into_dir for a while,
> and I thought that the message "Warning: your workspace has not been
> updated," indicated that it just worked on the database? At least, I
> always have to do an update after a merge_into_dir command, which, of
> course, isn't a bad thing.

Hmm. I guess I don't understand what the command does; I've never
actually used it.

The command line help description says:

    Merges one branch into a subdirectory in another branch.

I guess that does not imply "in a working directory", but it did the
first time I read it.

The monotone.texi description is clearer.

What do you think of the rest of the issues I raised?

--
-- Stephe