Re: [Monotone-devel] Google Summer of Code

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 23:16:05 +0100

Am 03.03.11 02:58, schrieb Aaron W. Hsu:
> On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 18:10:25 -0500, Thomas Keller <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> Applications are open again - do we want to take another shot? Deadline
>> is 11th of March. We surely have lots of things to do and some more
>> fresh blood wouldn't be bad either, though it gets harder and harder
>> every year to be picked under so many applicants...
>
> I think it is a pretty neat idea. I might be able to recommend it to my
> students if there is something that they could do.

That would be great! To actually apply however, we need more manpower,
three people would be sufficient already (an administrator, a backup
administrator as well as at least one additional mentor).

The most important question now is however if we want to apply again.
The last application we send out was 2008 or 2009 (I can't remember
exactly), but we weren't in at that time, so the chances are low we're
in this time, but of course that doesn't mean we should not try it.

I need some more people supporting this - who's in? I would do the
administration, so we need a backup admin and at least another mentor.
Then we can start and prepare our application.

Thomas.