[Monotone-devel] Re: [Monotone-i18n] On translations...

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: [Monotone-i18n] On translations...
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 15:16:04 +0100

Am 19.03.11 12:41, schrieb Richard Levitte:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit concerned about the translations we currently say we support
> (according to po/LINGUAS).  As it is right now, here's the statistics:

> German:    1454 translated messages,  83 fuzzy translations.
>       last change: 2011-03-14 01.33.36 GMT+1

German translation is done.

> As a side note, a reminder: I understand that it's tempting to commit
> changes in po/*.po files when they get automagically updated (I've
> done that as well a few times in the past and been appropriately
> scolded for it).  Please don't, it's more confusing than helpful.  Let
> the translators do their job. Thank you.

Yes, sorry, I'm guilty here as well. I promise improvement :)

On a related note, I more and more loose faith in transifex, also
because I'm using it a bit more in another project and have only
problems with it, especially when it comes to fuzzy handling (which
seems to be literally non-existing). So far the only thing that tx
brought us were the nice graphs, but it reformats translations
differently, strips out comments everywhere (I wrote about this already
earlier, thats why I created the different README.<lang> files after
all) and sometimes even does not get its own statistics right (I had to
push the pot file twice to let it acknowledge the correct number of
source strings, 1537), so I'm refined and very much vote for dumping it
completely. That would also mean that we remove it from the po's README
and do not hint translators any longer towards this service and also to
remove the project on tx.

Any objections?

Thomas.