Re: [Monotone-devel] Deciding on a date?

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Deciding on a date?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 23:16:05 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 20 Mar 2011 23:12:29 +0100, Thomas Keller
<address@hidden> said:

me> Speaking of the release manager hat - I announced that I'd want to
me> give my one to another monotone fellower some time last year and
me> Thomas Moschny said he would took over the job, but I haven't seen
me> him around a lot lately (which is understandable being a young
me> father :)), so in turn I'd ask you, Richard, would you like to do
me> the release? You put such a lot work into this and I lately
me> slacked off a lot and devoted more time in other stuff, so I'd say
me> its somewhat "your release". I'll support you with blogging /
me> announcing and graphics work wherever I can, just drop me note -
me> what do you say?

It will be my pleasure to make the release :-)

However, looking at my calendar, it's possible I'll have to do it
early on Saturday instead of Sunday.  If that bothers noone, please,
then, consider the release period to start Saturday morning.  Anything
that needs to get into monotone 1.0 has to happen before then.

What will happen when I get started is that I'll start a new branch,
net.venge.monotone.monotone-1.0, starting from whatever head I find at
the time, and do the release work from there.

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/