Re: [Monotone-devel] Deciding on a date?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Deciding on a date?
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 23:12:29 +0100

Am 20.03.11 17:53, schrieb Richard Levitte:
> Hey,
>
> I'm thinking, end of Q1 is coming near (just 10 days left!), and it
> might be time to set a date for the release.  I don't know how the
> rest of you are thinking, I'm just thinking that this close, it might
> be good to have a point in time that we know about, so none of us gets
> surprised when it happens.

Right. I'd target next Sunday for this, this weekend was indefero's one.

Sunday releases are nice in the way that people notice the release on
Mondays when they're back at work and because the release manager is not
stressed after a hard working day and therefore does not make anything
wrong in the release process.

Speaking of the release manager hat - I announced that I'd want to give
my one to another monotone fellower some time last year and Thomas
Moschny said he would took over the job, but I haven't seen him around a
lot lately (which is understandable being a young father :)), so in turn
I'd ask you, Richard, would you like to do the release? You put such a
lot work into this and I lately slacked off a lot and devoted more time
in other stuff, so I'd say its somewhat "your release". I'll support you
with blogging / announcing and graphics work wherever I can, just drop
me note - what do you say?

Thomas.