Re: [Monotone-devel] C++11

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] C++11
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 08:51:09 -0500

Markus Wanner <address@hidden> writes:

> The most obvious drawback is higher requirements on compilers and
> standard libraries. However, it seems realistic to be able to support
> gcc-4.6 and clang-3.3 and newer. (Maybe even older clang, but I didn't
> try.)

I have no problem moving to the current language standard, as long as we
can actually compile everything we need.

> Is anybody opposed to raising these? Are you fine with landing these
> branches and start to use C++11?

We need to show that all (most?) tests pass on the various supported platforms
before merging to nvm.

I can test on 64 bit and 32 bit msys2/ming64, 32 bit Debian stable, and
64 bit Red Hat 6.

What platforms have you tested this on?

--
-- Stephe