Re: [Monotone-devel] C++11

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] C++11
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 17:56:57 -0400

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 08:04:01PM +0200, Markus Wanner wrote:

> Given the (lack of) manpower,

It may take some effort to introduce all the C++11 features being
discussed here.  Getting rid of things that don't work in C++11, well,
that's somethingg we'll have to do anyway.  But factoring or
refactoring in new C++11 features is probably going to cost us more
time than it saves.  Unless, of course, there are serious plans to
introduce major new facilities into monotone where the improved clarity
of the code will benefit us.

> I think it's actually beneficial to the
> project to reduce the variety of supported platforms.

The way we're talking, it almost seems the C++11 is itself a new
platform.

-- hendrik