Re: [Monotone-devel] minimum requirements

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] minimum requirements
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 15:49:48 -0400

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 07:12:20PM +0200, Markus Wanner wrote:

> On Hendrik's wishlist:
>  * Debian squeeze (oldstable)
>  * Windows XP

I just wanted to mention that I myself am using neither of these platforms,
though I have Windows XP available if I should need it.
It's more that squeeze looks like it's going to be a LTS release for a while,
and there's *lots* of people sticking with Windows XP.  How many of
them use monotone is another question entirely.

I *do* use Debian wheezy and jessie for development, normally using
Debian's packaged monotone.

> I would like to explicitly exclude these:
>  * Debian oldstable (squeeze)
>  * all Ubuntu before precise (i.e. older than the last LTS)

It's  only the LTS argument that made me recommend squeeze.

-- hendrik