[Monotone-devel] javascript monotone

From: J Decker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] javascript monotone
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 01:16:31 -0800

I don't know how to phrase this.
This is meant for the architect of the innermost guts of monotone...
strip away a database, strip away a file system, and just track
revisions.  track merging of chains....

I read somewhere that in the distribution of monotone revision chunks
that there are conglomerated chunks of revision that get sent and can
later be referenced with a key(?) Maybe that's where the failure is...
Sorry I've been imagining monotone doing a different job than source
control, like ledger transactions for bank accounts.  And to share
those.  The chains of transactions are verifiable, and I guess that's
what bitcoin is kinda built on.

I'd like a system for sharing ID's between nodes in a cluster....
where IDs are added, sometimes transfer, sometimes don't, those
clusters exist as a memory idea somewhere in monotone at some point?
Even if for optimization it is cursor driven so you can only see a
portion of it at a time.

and something entirely without boost.

Can that be written and shared as a NPM module for node? :)   I hear
that v8 does extra clever things that allow it to more deeply optimize
than a static compile does... it could; but it doesn't.

- Or -
I'd like a VFS interface (virtual file system) interface to monotone
so I can load a place to store the database?  Could just use my
existing sqlite interface with a small hack I suppose... but you
probably leverage more than I do (which is almost sufficient to look
like ODBC's retarded stepcousin )

I dunno maybe it's not so hard?