Re: [Monotone-devel] javascript monotone

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] javascript monotone
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 18:20:00 -0500

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 07:27:51PM +0100, Markus Wanner wrote:

> (I personally find it hard to believe that JIT can generally be faster
> than ahead of time compilation, but...)

It can be faster if you only want to run a small part of the program.

It can be faster if the intermediate code is so compact that compiling
it to machine code saves disk reading time.

It can be faster if at run time you discover what types are really used
in an otherwise statically untyped program.

But I can't see it being much faster for the kinds of languages I prefer
to use.

-- hendrik