[Monotone-devel] Fwd: node blocked by blocked parent

From: J Decker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Fwd: node blocked by blocked parent
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 09:46:08 -0700

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 12:05 AM, Markus Wanner <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 06/01/2016 02:45 AM, J Decker wrote:
>> mtn.EXE: warning: attach node 2147484550 blocked by blocked parent
>> 'Voxelarium.2/src/voxels'
>> mtn.EXE: warning: attach node 2147484551 blocked by blocked parent
>> 'Voxelarium.2/src/voxels'
>> mtn.EXE: warning: attach node 2147484552 blocked by blocked parent
>> 'Voxelarium.2/src/voxels'
>

> Well, what's blocking the parent? These are just subsequent errors
> (which the UI could and probably should better collect and combine into
> one, but...)

I have a repository that is tracked in git and in monotone.  I was
updating monotone and added two trees; three.js(187 files) and some
data in src/voxels/VOxelInfo_[1-250].txt  (okay it's only 437 some
files not thousands)

all the conflicts are exactly the same; directories are directories,
files are files, and the content of files is the same.

The easier solution was to do mtn heads, take the current revision,
stuff it in _mtn/revision as old revision and mtn revert --missing
into it; then subsequent reverts for those things which updated; some
things had changes in progress; but all of THOSE things already
existed in the repository.  (not so easy really)

----
So to reiterate...
start a repo in monotone
start same repo in something else (mercurial/git/...)
add same files files to both
update on another computer/directory from other repo
update on another computer/directory from monotone