monotone-users

Re: [Monotone-users] 回复: 回复: how to delete a project in monotone

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-users] 回复: 回复: how to delete a project in monotone
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 17:19:26 +0200

Hello Andreas,

On 04/16/2015 03:21 PM, Andreas Friedman wrote:
> what is the meaning of CC-ing?

from http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=CCing:

CC'ing: verb pertaining to email, rooted from carbon copying. meaning a
message will be forwarded verbatim.

The message was sent to the users mailing list of monotone, rather than
to me personally. That way, other developers may answer your questions,
too. And other users may chime in with their specific use case.

>> Monotonic in the sense that you can only ever add information, not
>> delete. That's by design and not a missing feature.
> So it's just as I imagined; the thing I am talking about is make a total
> deletion of a branch/workspace before commiting/serving.

You can certainly do that with 'mtn local', however, that will only ever
that local database. If you sync with another, distant database, which
still has those revisions, they are likely to appear, again.

Only if you have full control over all databases that get synchronized,
you can possibly arrange for a cleaning script to be executed on all copies.

> I just come in mind a nother big backdraft I recognized: when I want to
> make changes to my serving database I have to stop the server make
> changes and start the server again. - It's very uncompfortable, because
> I have make changes to the master-db.mtn at working time, especialy when
> a new worker join the company.

That may be true for things like 'mtn local'. However, for the usual
changes, like adding certs and revisions, we usually work on a different
copy and just sync to the serving database(s).

Regards

Markus Wanner