moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] from the plugin to the browser... and back

From: Christian Glodt
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] from the plugin to the browser... and back
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:41:56 +0200

[snip]

> What we can do is pass some sort of command line to the control.

Good point. Maybe it would also be worthwhile to see if there is
not some accessibility interface that accepts commands.

If there is such a thing, it may however be unusable due to
security considerations, because it could allow a website to
execute any function that a component exposes via that interface.

In that case it would be better to have separate command-passing
mechanism. The component would then only allow "safe" operations
to be executed via that mechanism.

Christian

PS: I'll be away from the net for the rest of the week (until Monday).