mp3player-help

[mp3player-help] ogg-comment.el --- support for writing comments?

From: lawrence mitchell
Subject: [mp3player-help] ogg-comment.el --- support for writing comments?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:38:59 +0100

I played around a bit with trying to get the writing of ogg
comments to work correctly.  However, I've run into a bit of a
brick wall, and am pretty busy at the moment, so am unlikely to
be able to do much on it myself in the foreseeable future.

Preliminary attempts at writing support can be seen at <URL:
http://www.vegetable.demon.co.uk/wence/ogg-comment.el>.

In particular, note the comment above the function
OGGC::WRITE-COMMENTS.  I /think/ that the non-modification of
one of the setup headers is the only bug in the writing of
comments.  However, it is enough to render the stream unreadable
by ogg123, which is Not Good.

Perhaps someone else will be able to spot the problem, but, as
mentioned in the source, I can't see where in the spec it
specifies how one would have to modify the setup headers to get
writing to work.

lawrence
--
lawrence mitchell <address@hidden>