nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] search history

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] search history
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 05:09:31 -0700

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 06:13:16PM +1000, Ken Tyler wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 02:28:48PM +1000, Ken Tyler wrote:
> > > Waht is the 'new' behavior ?
> >
> > The new behavior would be what your patch provides.
>
> Search offers up the search for possible editing or search, replace offers
> up the blank string, for both nano and pico mode.  Is that the desired
> behaviour ?
>
> What about the way pico mode displays last search/replace in [], is that
> to go or stay ?
[paste]
> You got your own copy (and free steak knives) on the same day as David,
> he got his first as he asked for it.

Wasn't aware I had the patch.  I may have it even though all my email
was deleted earlier in the month.  I'll have to look at what you're
doing, my ideal behavior was the following: (this applies to both search
and replace) the previous string is bracketed text before the prompt by
default, not editable.  Hit up or down arrow and the previous string
becomes editable text after the prompt.  Hit up to go back through the
previous searches/replaces, hit down once from the previous string to
get a blank.  Kind of like bash history.

When I get home I'll have a look and see if (1) I have your patch (2)
the patch does anything close to this (3) see if I can make it do
something like this ;)

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001