nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] memory leak

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] memory leak
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 00:39:28 -0400

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 02:44:12PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> nano is leaking memory or just doing too much allocation when modifying
> highlighted files. Pasting the perl definition from the nanorc.sample
> file caused nano to grow from 2952 1932 to 70696 69592 and it got slower
> with every pasted character.
>
> The ChangeLog and BUGS files in cvs don't mention this problem so it
> probably still exists. Should I start digging through the source or is
> this already being worked on?

I can verify this problem exists, but haven't been able to track it down
as of yet.  zmalloc just crashes when I try to run it, and the color
code has been moved around a bit too much for me to be able to trace
this without some assistance from a leak tester.

> And why does Alt-E no longer toggle regular expression searches?

The toggle was moved to the M-R toggle under the search/replace menu in
the 1.1 series.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001