nano-devel

[Nano-devel] libtermkey

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] libtermkey
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:32:49 +0200

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014, at 18:28, Mark Majeres wrote:
> Did you see this thread?
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9061111/ncurses-with-arrow-keys-plus-modifiers

No, I haven't been looking into any major overhauls of parts of
nano, just into small tiny changes and bug fixes.

> I came across this piece of code awhile back, never tried it though.
> It would add abiity to shift+arrow too, which would be a lot better
> for selecting/marking.

Well, the current code in nano does detect Shift+Arrow and Ctrl+Arrow
on several terminals, it just doesn't do anything with it, it simply
reduces them to plain Arrow keys.

Yes, also Chris remarked a little while back that having Shift+Arrow
available for selecting text would be nice.  But it is major addition
and thus not something I will be looking at for quite a while.

Benno

                          love email again